Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Thursday 8 October 2009

Favourite Places to eat

A few days ago I described Ben's Chili Bowl. Other places I like to eat in Washington include -

Tortilla Coast - a Tex-Mex restaurant and bar close to Capitol Hill. I had my first Margarita here.

Chevy's Fresh Mex - another Tex-Mex, this one is close to the Pentagon City metro (near Borders) 1201 S. Hayes Street. Great for celebrating finally submitting pieces of academic work!

Johnny Rocket's - either at Union Station or in Pentagon City.

Elsie's Magic Skillet Restaurant - 8166 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA. Filling Southern food. (Love the breakfasts - but just can't get to like 'grits')

My favourite coffee bars are the Starbucks on Capitol Hill 237 Pennsylvania Ave SE (between S 2nd St & S Independence Ave) and the wonderful

St Elmo's Coffee Pub - the the Del Ray area of Alexandria. I'd take my laptop down there every day - if it wasn't 3,600 miles away!