Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Thursday 17 March 2011

Happy St Patrick's Day

Earlier this month I wished you all (and especially those who share with me Welsh ancestry), a happy St David's Day. As a "Morgan" - which some scholars claim means person who has come from across the sea - I might have some Irish ancestry. Certainly my wife's family is from Ireland - both her parents grew up in a village outside Waterford.

St Patrick was not Irish by birth, but was captured from Britain and taken to Ireland as a slave. Of course, I back the suggestions that he was a welshman - but we shall never know.

The day will be celebrated by Irish people around the world (any by many other who, like me have links, or who have no links at all!). Here are some links to the celebrations

New York
Boston
Washington DC
Birmingham UK
London