Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Almanac of American Politics

I reported some time ago that my copy of CQ Roll Call's "Politics in America" had arrived. I'm pleased to announce that National Journal's "Almanac of American Politics 2012" reached my home this week. While they both provide details of Members of Congress and the electoral districts - they are sufficiently different to justify buying both. I've been buying both since the 108th Congress (we are now in the 112th) - and both have been useful as reference sources during the Congress; as vital background for elections (see the posts in 2008 & 2010 where I describe some of the key seats); and now as a useful source of historical information for my Whips research.

Details of the Almanac can be found here

If you are in the UK, you can order the Almanac using the link below (Washminster earns some commission from orders placed via this link)