Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Friday 6 April 2012

From your correspondent in Washington...

I arrived in Washington late on Wednesday night. I had written a post from Amsterdam - but just as I was going to publish the free wifi period ended. Reposting when I next had wifi seemed a little ridiculous. It was great to have on board wifi whilst flying from Detroit to National Airport in Washington. I caught up on my emails and posted on Facebook. Yesterday was spent in the city. I took the metro to Capitol South - got my first close up view of the Capitol Building since my last visit ( away far too long - I need an excuse to come here more often! Any offers will be gratefully received, and seriously considered). Later in the day I met a good friend of Washminster, Bob Carr. I'm writing this in bed (it's before 6am) - before heading back into the city (I'm currently in DC, but close to Rock Creek - so rural, yet so close to the political centre). On the way in we passed a number of deer! I hope to do a bit more posting during the day. If any friends of Washminster are in town & fancy meeting up - I'll be around for a few more days. Drop me an email (jdavidmorgan@googlemail.com) or ring me on my cellphone (202-658-9717).