Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Friday 26 April 2013

Hansard Society


I mentioned in yesterday's post that I had attended the Hansard Society/Parliamentary Affairs Annual Lecture. The Hansard Society is an excellent organisation that puts on very useful meetings and produces some superb resources for anyone interested in deepening their understanding of Parliament.

Their website's address is http://www.hansardsociety.org.uk/ - it's worth exploring. In particular it has links to

Publications (including downloadable publications)
Recordings of previous lectures and meetings
Details of future events.

The annual 'Audit of Political Engagement' provides valuable data on public attitudes to parliament and politics. If I am able to, I'll be (as I usually am) at the launch of the latest Audit on May 15th. If you can get to Portcullis House (the modern building across the road from Big Ben) that evening, do come along. I thoroughly recommend it. Press here to register.